5.17.2010

The Goat Rodeo and the Clown Shoes - umm, Part Deux

Umm...hi, everyone, it's me again.  Yeah, me, the one who thought she'd be starting the new job on May 17 (check out the previous post if you haven't already done so).

I feel like a starving soul who has crawled through the hot, dry desert for months and has been JUST out of fingertip reach of an Oasis.  And jacked around, lied to, deceived, misled all these recent weeks.

Let's cut to the chase - we need to readjust the new job start dates:

Targetted start date:  April 26
Actual start date:  May 19

Silly, silly me for actually posting a start date before it even happens [but look what I'm doing yet again].  And I'll be a damn fool if it slips again since I'm posting this date two days in advance. 

You know it's bad when you call friends to see how they're doing and the first thing they say when they pick up the phone is "are you at work yet?"  And yes, this happened today.  For if you recall my previous post, I was supposed to be at work today.

Instead, I got sent home after waiting two hours in the lobby while everyone under the sun tried to track down the manager there at CL2.  See my previous posts for the coding on all the factors here.

Fortunately, the manager IS alive and not lying in a ditch somewhere.  But we found out later he'd fallen very, very ill and had been ill for a couple of days.  So, given he apparently had zero backup help in the office he sent me (and one other new person) home.  I can't tell you how unnerving it is to get up, shower, dress, drive to a new work location with adrenaline pumping after ALL THESE WEEKS of waiting for the start date, sit in a lobby and then get sent home after two hours of waiting.  Am I the only one who doesn't see the INCOMPETENCE here??  Please do not misunderstand, as I feel badly when people get sick. 

I have ZERO patience when it comes to not having a back up or wing man at the ready to take care of business when one is out ill.  Or at least not to notify people that you're out - even the building receptionist was at a loss as to what the deal was.  I tell you if I'd ever pull a stunt like that I'd be strung up by my toenails.

I am scraping my personal barrel to find any last ounce of patience that might be lurking in the corners of my being meanwhile.  And I do hope that in time I'll somehow be able to look back at all of this and laugh.  For now, nope - not possible.  And if anyone reads this who knows what I'm talking about I'm not backing down in my raw emotions here.  I think - know - they will cool in time.

So here we are...3 weeks and 3 days (I think) behind schedule.  And how poignant to have the new start date slip - yet again, for hopefully the final time - to May 19.

My Birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment